Read in your language:

Monday, August 18, 2014

Applying For An Alien Registration Card in Seoul (Korea)

If you are going to stay in Seoul for more than 90 days, you must apply for an Alien Registration Card at the Immigration Office. It is beneficial to obtain the Alien Card as soon as possible because you will need it to sign up for various services (mobile/broadband/bank account etc) as well as to get membership cards from skincare and book shops.

Which of the 2 offices you have to go to depends on your residential address.

Seoul Immigration Office

You can either print and fill out the form in advance, or fill it up at the Immigration Office.

Seoul Immigration Office Alien Card

The queue tickets for Mainland Chinese runs out before noon due to the sheer number of applicants.

Seoul Immigration Office Alien Card

The waiting time varies. I've waited from 2 hours to 5 hours. In my opinion, the best time to go is around 1pm or just before closing. You can open a Woori bank account while you wait for your number to be called.

Seoul Immigration Office Alien Card

Bring Along:

Application Form
Certificate of Admission (University)
Tenancy Agreement (Accommodation)
2 color photos (3 x 4cm)
Cash 20000 Won

Seoul Branch
Omokgyo Station, Seoul Subway Line 5, Exit 7. A 15 minute walk.

Sejongno Branch
Jonggak Station, Seoul Subway Line 1, Exit 6. 2nd For, Seoul Global Center

Please check the official website for updated information.

Click here to read about what I love about living in Seoul.
Click here to read about what I hate about living in Seoul.
Click here to read about applying for a D4(1) student visa.
Click here to read about studying the Korean language at Hankuk University and Sogang University.


서궁스에드린 said...


Could you advise me if the ARC application requires my address in korea?

Thank you :)

chloe said...


You apply for the ARC after you arrive Korea. You must produce the tenancy agreement.