Read in your language:

Saturday, March 5, 2011

The Body Shop Mango Lip Butter

I was on the lookout for a lip butter for sleepytime, and The Body Shop's Mango Lip Butter made it home with me for the following reasons:

1) I initially wanted the Pink Grapefruit Lip Butter, but it was out of stock so I got this instead, as it smells deliciously like the the mango pieces you find on top of your snow ice dessert or in your mango pomelo pudding.

2) It goes on clear without a tint and since I wanted something for bedtime, I chose it over Korres.

3) It cost only $8.70 for 10ml after 20% discount, and is way cheaper than Dr Hauschka or La Mer.

4) It contains shea butter, castor oil, beeswax, rapeseed oil, and vitamin E and is one of the most natural lip butters. It does however, contain lanolin, silica and aroma.

Body Shop Mango Lip Butter
A pale yellow cream, it leaves a coating on the lips and a slight shine, without feeling the least bit sticky or tacky. It is rather moisturising and does not leave your lips feeling even drier than before, the way some lip butters do! The only thing that I do not like about this, is the fact that I can taste the perfume when I lick my lips, which isn't very nice or healthy.

Body Shop Mango Lip Butter
I certainly do not regret buying this as the mango scent does make me feel happy on certain days, but I will not repurchase if it ever runs out.

No comments: