Read in your language:

Monday, October 8, 2012

Halloween Horror Nights @ Universal Studios Singapore (新加坡环球影城: 万圣节)

Since it's almost Halloween, I decided to post some pictures I took at last year's Halloween Horror Nights at Universal Studios Singapore. Am still deciding if I should go again this year. It was fun.

Did a quick last minute paint job on my nails for the fun of it :)

Halloween Horror Nights

There were many bloody/ghostly/scary characters wandering around the place and trying to creep visitors out. I have no idea why I screamed every time they rushed up to us. I think I over-psyched myself for the event.

There were a couple of photo spots and one of them was The Siamese Twins.

Halloween Horror Nights

A Japanese ghost.

Halloween Horror Nights

A mummy.

Halloween Horror Nights

Other random fun bloody characters I can't identify.

Halloween Horror Nights

He moves. Suddenly. Anyone keen to take a picture with him?

Halloween Horror Nights

A psychic. I wouldn't want my fortune told by her.

Halloween Horror Nights

This sexy lady in her abode was by far my favourite scene of the night.

Halloween Horror Nights

Stitch's voodoo toy - I insist - looking like a rooster.

Halloween Horror Nights

Rusty supermarket trolleys and piles of garbage set the atmosphere.

Halloween Horror Nights

It's not everyday that you get to drink blood so why not?

Halloween Horror Nights

My courage and sensibility somehow deserted me that night, and although I was looking forward to The Vengeance of the Matriach horror house, I backed out when we reached the front of the queue. I was still really keen though, especially after seeing how beautifully atmospheric they made the courtyard out to be, with a man in Peranakan garb holding an oiled paper umbrella and strolling solemly up and down the courtyard in the misty night.

I took 10 minutes to muster whatever bit of courage I had, with the encouragement of the staff, to finally go in. It turned out to be less scary than I imagined it to be, mainly because I had actually read a visitor's review of the journey prior, and knew where to expect all the scares. Still.

No comments: