Read in your language:

Monday, August 24, 2009

Making Kimchi

Since I am able to attend classes in the day, I decided to take the opportunity to go for a Kimchi making class. I have already decided on a few kinds of pickles to make once I move into my new place, and after seeing how easy it is to make kimchi, I'm adding it to my list!

There wasn't time to take pictures at every step of the process. In addition, both of my hands were covered in chilli so it was impossible anyway. Maybe in future, but this is enough to make me drool.

Hands-on time :)

Making Kimchi

Each of us gets a basin with 2 lettuce quarters. I enjoyed spreading the chilli paste on every single leaf. It was real fun.

Making Kimchi

The 2 quarters nicely wrapped. Can't wait to try my handiwork :')

Making Kimchi

The teacher cuts hers for us to taste. It wouldn't be sour until it has fermented at room temperature for a day but it's edible either way.

Making Kimchi

No comments: