Read in your language:

Friday, November 11, 2011

Happy Girl! @ the Luxasia Warehouse Sale 2011

Happy because I missed the sale in 2010 as I was in Phuket.

The warehouse sale is at Tai Seng this year, a couple of bus stops away from my place. I reached the warehouse about 9:40am, and the queue was already super long. About a hundred men and ladies in front of me. As usual, an auntie in her 50s, who arrived after me tried to cut my queue. Somehow I have this 'easy to bully' kind of look.

The warehouse space was huge and kind of empty if it wasn't for the crowd. With the rush, you are going to get some items you want, and forfeit others in the process. I got myself a Perricone starter set (expiry date is in a few months time), a Ren Rose Otto Bodycare set (consisting of a scrub and bath oil boxed in beautiful de Gournay wallpaper print), Guerlain limited edition 6-color eyeshadow palette in Rue De Rivoili, Guerlain Or Imperial Face and Body Powder (super cute), Decleor Night Balm in Iris, and a 75ml Chloe EDT. All of the items I got were sold out within the hour!

Luxasia Warehouse Sale

I did not see any Jurlique products. No Annick Goutal skincare either, just fragrances. Bummer. Decleor balms ($19) and oils ($27) ran out pretty quickly. There were a couple of REN facecare starter kits, but these sold out by the time I was done with Perricone and Chloe, which took me less than 10 minutes.

I wanted to get a couple of Bvlgari perfumes for the boy but they only had aftershave lotion and emulsion.

Any mishaps? Besides the usual shoving and pushing and elbowing (which wasn't that much luckily), I got sprayed on the neck and chest by a lady who did not see the need to aim the nozzle of the perfume bottle properly before spraying. Thank God the perfume did not stink.

The crowd at the Guerlain counter was horrid, with 3-4 rows of people pushing up on each other just to catch a glimpse of what's on the table. Kisskiss lipsticks and lipgloss were going for $15. Lipgloss essence was $20. No meteorites unfortunately. I think they also had the precious eyeshadow palettes in #29 and #2, but all were snapped up very quickly. These palettes weren't cheap at $50 each.

There was a promotion for DBS/POSB card members. Those who spent at least $200 got a free CK body moisturizer, which was fully redeemed by 11am, that's how crazy the sale was.

No comments: